Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Not Quite a Hologram, But You Can't Say It's Not Something Different

Whilst purusing some sell sheets this evening, I came across the following for Topps' upcoming Spongebob Squarepants set:


Yes, that "card" turns into a sponge when put in water. My daughter is only now getting into Spongebob. I may have to make this the first card product that we break together.

The sponges look like they're an insert. There's also other fun stuff like letter stickers but I might get to that at a later date. I just couldn't hold off on my excitement for sponges.

7 comments:

Scott C. said...

Who says that there are no new ideas left in the card hobby! Sponge cards, I love it!

Wax Heaven said...

How old is your daughter? You know, I resent your people for creating Caillou. I have to watch it every single day cause my 2 and a half year old son lives by it.

Fuji said...

These are awesome! My nephew would love a box of this stuff.

Ryan Cracknell said...

Evelyn's about to turn 4 in a few weeks. She's been a Dora fan for about 3 years. And just when her interest was slowing she got her 2-year-old brother wearing her Dora slippers and carrying her Dora doll around the house.

I'm just happy there's a "retro" cartoon channel now so we can all watch The Smurfs and Fraggle Rock together.

night owl said...

Oh if only this was around when my daughter was Sponge Bob age! so cool.

William Noetling said...

See, now that's clever, and perfect for the set. I just don't want to see "Sponge" cards in Baseball now. Can you imagine getting a Manny Ramirez and using his smiling face to wipe off your kitchen counter? Well, maybe you can.

My 26 month old daughter doesn't go for Spongebob as much as she likes Wubbzy, Wonder Pets, Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora and Diego, but she'll watch it. Usually I find it just silly enough to tolerate, if not enjoy. I'll probably pick up packs of this, ought to be cheap.

Oh and Caillou sucks, but you can blame the Canadians for that.

Ryan Cracknell said...

You can also blame us Canadians for John Candy, the green plastic garbage bag, Superman, the telephone and good beer. I think those make up for Caillou.