Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another Pack of Archie Comics March of Dimes Sketch Card Series

A couple weeks back I busted a pack of Archie Comics March of Dimes Sketch Cards Series. I had a pack of Greatest American Hero on its way from the same seller but I received another Archie pack instead. I worked out a deal with the seller so that I kept the pack. Here's the spoils:


That would be Betty and the artist is Bruce Gerlach. I couldn't find a lot of information about how many cards Gerlach did as eBay shows just one more so I contacted him through his website and he promptly responded to let me know he did 53 that were inserted in packs and an additional three that were returned to him as part of his payment (a common practice in sketch cards).

Miss. Betty is drawn in a very recognizable manner. Gerlach did a good job of capturing her happy spirit. Granted, there's not a lot of color but I really like the textured look the card gts with the painted blue background.

Two packs in and this Archie March of Dimes Sketch Cards Series stuff is fun. And proceeds go to charity.

No comments: