Saturday, August 01, 2009

Masterpieces and More

Thanks to Eric at the Pettite Pursuit (who is partial to Andy Pettite) and Dan at Saints of the Cheap Seats (who cheers for Cleveland and pursues Omar Vizquel, amongst others), my set of 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces is dwindling. Yay. Both sent packages northward during my hiatus that were waiting in the mailbox. Although not nearly as iconic as the 2007 set, this is still a beautiful set - usually.

Although I'm sad that it doesn't appear to be in the works as a full-fledged set in 2009, I know I wouldn't mind if Upper Deck limited it to an insert set like they are with their 2009-10 Upper Deck Basketball set.
Both packages also included other goodies. Eric sent along some Canuck-ian ball players. I don't know why, but 2008 UD X is kind of growing on me. Only a little. As in a smidge. 
Dan included hits from this set,
 
this set, 

 
this set,

 
and this set.

Thanks again Dan and Eric!

2 comments:

Mr P said...

The Nick Swisher card makes him look like something out of Star Trek!

Anonymous said...

look like something out of star trek.
Thanks for this posting.......


plz. click