Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thomas the Tank Engine Coming to Cardboard

Upper Deck has signed with HIT Entertainment to make cards based on everyone's favourite over-priced train: Thomas and Friends. (Source: Toy News Online)

The first release is slated for a 2010 street date. Toy News is reporting the big draw will be Pop-Up Cards and Stickers. Tip for Upper Deck: I can already get books with hundreds of Thomas stickers for my son for a buck. Keep the price low.

The big news for me isn't that Thomas is getting a card set but rather the fact that Upper Deck seems commited to going after the kid market. And we're not talking tweens here either. Thomas appeals to my almost three-year-old. If the price is right, I do suspect that father and son might be ripping and sorting together if he's still into Thomas when the set rolls around.


2 comments:

jackplumstead said...

This is definitely a father/son thing. At one point we had a Thomas Tank layout in every room of the house and yes I do include the toilet. We were forever tripping over trains and track. Good Luck!

Mr P said...

My nieces are going to love this!