Saturday, April 26, 2008

Random Pack Breaks: 2008 Topps Heritage Baseball

It's time to clear off my desk so here's a random (and most unexciting) random pack break. I've only ever bought a couple of packs of Topps Heritage before. While I dig nostalgia sets, I didn't see reason to build these SP-laden sets so I skipped packs when I had the chance. I caved for a whopping one pack of the 2008 edition. So without further ado, a random pack break.

2008 Topps Heritage
Price: $4.00 Cdn. from Wayne's Sportscards in Edmonton, AB.

271. Andy Phillips, New York Yankees
375. Manny Ramirez "Baseball Thrills"


Very cool looking subset with the progressive action.

317. Hanley Ramirez, Florida Marlins/Matt Holliday, Colorado Rockies "NL Hitting Kings"
Fleer "Superstar Specials" Flashback.

390. Ryan Braun, Milwaukee Brewers


Can't complain about a reigning ROY. Now if only he could pick up his power numbers for me on MLB 2K8 for the Wii.

207. Dave Roberts, San Francisco Giants

158. Aaron Cook, Colorado Rockies


13. Billy Wagner, New York Mets
Black Box 347. Chuck James, Atlanta Braves

Stick of stale gum.

The verdict: No Canadians, no rookies, a couple of cool-looking cards but nothing too exciting. I've never been a fan of the circular design of 1959 Topps but the subset cards are fun.

No comments: