Saturday, August 09, 2008

RIP Bernie Mac and I Feel Dirty

As you may have heard comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning. That's the second great comedian who's passed in recent weeks after George Carlin. The underappreciated Mr. 3000 is one of the better baseball films to come along in recent years. I might just have to pull it off the shelf shortly and give it another whirl. Mac also stood out in his scene from Transformers as a car salesman.

Earlier in the year Mac was included in Donruss' Americana and Celebrity Cuts sets. Upon their initial release I grabbed an autograph redemption for a price I thought was reasonable with the intention of flipping it around one day to grab something I really wanted. With a trip to California to pay for, I really fought with myself over whether or not to list it. On the one hand it was my initial intention to sell it at some point. But on the other hand, are sellers scum for listing immediately upon someone's passing? After a chat with my wife I decided that I would list the card but in the listing there's no mention of his death rather here's the card you're going to get and that it's the redeemed card, not the redemption. I feel a little dirty about it and if at the end of the day I'm still uneasy I may take it down.

No comments: