Monday, March 23, 2009

Updates and Such

A couple of quick notes and tidbits:

  • I created a new banner yesterday. I was kind of tired of the old one and started playing with Photoshop. It's not perfect but I like the concept. My take is that traditional card collecting is changing. I now totally rely on the Internet to not only get my cards, locate the things I'm looking for but to also connect with others. You can also look at how quickly information is passed down now through blogs and other sites. Just today I saw several "news-y" stories posted on multiple sites, yet it'll probably be a month or two before they're in print. It's no slight against the presses but it's all about perspective and change. For anyone with the know-how and ability, here's another innovation I'd love to have access to: an online database connected to my iPod. Basically you'd search a card or set, get the pricing, images and whatnot while in a shop or at a show. Or maybe I'd want to browse through the cards I'm missing. Be the evolution.
  • Goose Joak Originals. I've got a bunch of Mariners I'll be unveiling in the coming days. I have to say I'm having tons of fun putting the M's together. All of my contributions will be added to the Slideshow on the sidebar.
  • Spring Break. I've got a week off of school and I'm taking it as a break. I'll probably head in one day this week to get my office organized and do a little planning to get my classes in order for the final push of the year, but it's relaxation time - I hope. It should also give me a chance to post more frequently.
  • Trades. If you've shot me an email about a trade I'll be getting back to you tomorrow afternoon after some Lego building with my daughter.
  • Sidebar. I've gone and updated a few things on the sidebar. The MLB Trade Rumors widget is for me to check. The ladies have the gossip columns, I've got my trade rumors. I also added a bunch of blogs to the news feed. If I'm missing yours, please let me know and I'll add it ASAP. Between my RSS reader and the various sources I read, I know I'm missing some. 
That's all for now. If you have any questions or comments, I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

capewood said...

I like the new header. Good concept.