Thursday, June 04, 2009

Japanese School Girl Watch

One of the things I miss in Wired Magazine is their little column entitled "Japanese School Girl Watch." A couple paragraphs long, it would highlight a small piece of fun technology that was taking Japan by storm at the time. It seems to have disappeared from the pages of the awesome magazine, so I thought I'd pay tribute with something I picked up a little while back:

1997 New Pinnacle Artist's Proof 187. Denny Neagle (and friends) "East Meets West"

This card has so much going for it: player in casual snapshot outside of the ballpark, random people off the street, the universal sign of the rabbit shadow-puppet, DUFEX and cliche font choices to label parts of the world. This is the one Denny Neagle in my collection that is not for trade.



No comments: