By appearing on the show, Strawberry will cement his status as a C-list celebrity forever. The Apprentice is one of the reality shows I enjoy but primarily because of the tasks they complete as opposed to all of the Donald Trump ego-stroking and soundbites.
Strawberry isn't the only contestant with a cardboard connection. His castmates with trading cards include:
- former WCW Champion Goldberg (several wrestling sets, Inkworks' Looney Tunes Back in Action)
- WWE Diva Maria (tons of wrestling sets)
- Cyndi Lauper (had her own set from Topps back in the 1985)
- Sharon Osbourne (part of Inkworks' The Osbournes set, including an autograph)
- Holly Robinson Peete (Topps' 21 Jump Street)
- Poison frontman Brett Michaels (Brockum's RockCards )
- Swimmer Summer Sanders (several Olympic and multi-sports sets and subsets)
- Olympian Michael Johnson (several Olympic and multi-sports sets and subsets)
I wouldn't expect a set commemorating the latest installment of The Apprentice. Comic Images made a set back in 2005. Despite the inclusion of Donald Trump autographs, to say the release was a flop would be an understatement.
Darryl Strawberry isn't a complete stranger to primetime television. He appeared in the classic Simpsons episode "Homer at the Bat," which aired way back in the show's third season.
The Celebrity Apprentice premieres March 14.