Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Broke Down and Bought My First Razor Cut Signature Card

After swearing I'd not buy a Razor cut signature card, I ended up going and doing just that when I spent $25 (about 25% of the original pack price) on a single from a legendary actor/director from 2008 Razor Cut Signature: Encore Edition.

The card in question:

 
That'd be Warren Beatty, star of this
this

  this

 
and this
The card features a check for $12 and change from 1975 with a clean and full signature. I love Bonnie and Clyde and Bugsy and look up to Beatty for being a part of the anti-establishment film movement that revitalized Hollywood in the late 60s and early 70s. To that end I've wanted his autograph for a while. At $25 and little question about the authenticity given its being a check and I thought this was quite a little bargain, even if it was from a product I didn't want any part of.
Looking at the card and it's easy to see how Razor gets around licensing. Not only is Beatty's picture not on the card, there's not even any mention of the name. That's saved for the Beckett holder that jails the card, not allowing anyone to even handle it.
So while it's not my first choice for autographs, this is an exception I don't at all mind making if it means I can have an affordable Beatty autograph in my collection.

No comments: